Monday, August 4, 2008

Tuna & Salmon Sashimi

I know I said the next thing I was going to post was my Mom's Dutch Apple Pie recipe. I was actually going to make it yesterday a) because I really would like to have a piece and b) because I wanted pictures to share with you. I bought all the ingredients yesterday, as a matter of fact the only reason I went to the supermarket was to buy the ingredients. I came back home and was all set to prepare it, when I realized I didn't have Cloves (only a pinch is needed, but it makes all the difference in the world). So I'll make the pie when I get the cloves (don't worry any time now). with that said, there is one thing I wanted to share with you. Yesterday I bought a small piece of salmon and a slice of tuna got home and made Sashimi. Really no recipe needed here, just make sure the fish is fresh and the knife is sharp.

And finally some pics...


Here you can see the fish slices and the price; a grand total of 26 pesos for a nice plate of Sashimi for two.


On this one you can see the finished product (I'm sloppy with the presentation, I know) and if you look at the TV, you can see my Sunday afternoon guilty pleasure: A Simpsons Marathon.


This one has nothing to do with Sashimi. It's a picture of sea snails that are sold at the market in china town I took it for my friend Guy.
Guy are those snails anything alike the ones you used to eat in Côte d'Ivoire?

I'll make the Dutch Apple Pie as soon as I get my hands on some cloves.... I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment